Friday, January 26, 2024

I lose E____ at the waterpark

I have a vague recollection of a dream in which I was with my friend E___ at a waterpark. It wasn't the chlorinated, baby-blue, slippy-slide kind, but a more rugged version, with an island and a moat. On the island was a rock climbing promontory made of crudely fashioned blocks of concrete, some supported with rebar and some precariously balanced in cairns. 

E___ decided to swim across the moat to the "mainland" while I proceeded to climb to the top of the dangerously constructed edifice. I was concentrating on handholds and foot placement, and I didn't notice that my friend had vanished. Once I'd made it to the pinnacle, rewarded with a 360 degree view, I looked around for her, but she was nowhere to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've changed my comments settings to allow for anyone to comment. All comments are welcome, even spineless potshots from anonymous posters. Please, by all means, give me the tongue lashing I so richly deserve. I promise not to hunt you down and melt your keyboard with my plasma cannon. I won't, however, promise not to pout and make that face you can't stand.