Saturday, July 18, 2026

Still have a long way to go

"The cells of the heart which nature built for joy die through disuse. The small place in the breast which is faith's cramped quarters remains untenanted for years and decays."  ~ Alexander Solzhenitsyn 

I came across this quote as I was listening to an audiobook version of Cancer Ward  by Alexander Solzhenitsyn. I wanted to get it down on paper, well, digital paper at least, so I could look at it. I typed the first few words into a search engine, and this is the AI generated search result summary: 

"The heart does not have specific cells that hold emotions like joy; rather, it is primarily made up of cardiac muscle cells that pump blood. While emotional experiences can affect heart function, the concept of cells "holding joy" is not scientifically supported." ~ Duck.ai Search Assist 

 

Kind of missing the point, but completely on brand, my non-human friend.  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've changed my comments settings to allow for anyone to comment. All comments are welcome, even spineless potshots from anonymous posters. Please, by all means, give me the tongue lashing I so richly deserve. I promise not to hunt you down and melt your keyboard with my plasma cannon. I won't, however, promise not to pout and make that face you can't stand.