Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Working at the radio factory

I was working again, this time the scenery had changed. Instead of Yuba City Honda, it was kind of a mashup of Yuba City Honda, RECCO Furnaces and General Electric's radio division. The workplace dream set included only lunch tables and break room area. 

It was my first day, and I was just being shown around, so I’m not sure if I was actually hired there, or if this was only a tour. 

I was given a large, bulky transistor radio, AM only, and monophonic, although it had two speakers. Houa, an ex-coworker from Honda, was also present, and he commented on my acquisition.

“Nice, Glandpa,” he said. “Does it get shortwave?”

I was familiar with kind of radio of which he spoke, and this one did resemble one of those. I looked at the dial, the good old-fashioned string and red marker kind, and while the numbers did reflect a slightly larger band than normal AM radio, it was not quite shortwave or anything.

“No,” I said. “It appears to only have AM.”

I lugged around this 10 pound beast throughout the rest of the dream, never really thinking to turn it on. At some point, though, I did, and I was surprised when it came to life.

“Is it normal for batteries to be included with one of these?” I asked.

“No,” Bob Hansel informed me. “That is highly unusual, and it is not our policy.”

While  this dream is scant story or details, there was an overall vibe, and I’m still trying to place it.

I’ve had to change up my routine, and so I am dreaming more. I’m hoping to get back into the habit of recollecting where it is that I go during my nighttime excursions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've changed my comments settings to allow for anyone to comment. All comments are welcome, even spineless potshots from anonymous posters. Please, by all means, give me the tongue lashing I so richly deserve. I promise not to hunt you down and melt your keyboard with my plasma cannon. I won't, however, promise not to pout and make that face you can't stand.